Johnson City Chamber of Commerce | WEBSITE POLICIES
WEBSITE POLICIES Updated 05-22-13
The Johnson City Chamber of Commerce offers web site exposure to both Chamber members and non-members. Below are the general web site policies for the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce web site.
- For examples of formatting, suitable business listings and descriptive categories, please review the http://www.JohnsonCityTexasChamber.com/ web site.
- To request a listing on the Chamber web site, complete the Web Site Listing Request Form (available on the Chamber web site), including the exact wording desired in your web listing. Do not assume the Chamber will spell check your listing request or know your special words.
- The Chamber reserves the right to edit and reject business listings, event listings and
advertisements. Inappropriate subjects, words, images and implications are not allowed. Specific business prices will typically be inappropriate for the Chamber website.
- Business/personal name must be actual, legal names used.
- Listing and advertising fees must be paid in advance. Paid fees will not be refunded. If the Chamber becomes aware that a lister or advertiser has gone out of business, the listing and ad will be removed from the Chamber web site.
- Refunds are not provided for periods when the Chamber web site may not be operational.
- All web policies are subject to adjustment to meet the purpose of the Chamber and the Chamber web site.
Members and Affiliates: (Note, an "affiliate" is any additional business(s) of a paid primary Chamber membership, with a paid membership for the affiliate at the price stated in our policies). A benefit of Chamber membership for members and each affiliate is a website listing for each paid membership in our general alphabetical directory plus the same listing in up to four descriptive categories. If memberships are not renewed within 30 days of membership expiration, their listing will be removed from the Chamber website.
Each Business Listing (primary or affiliate) includes:
- Member name in bold font.
- One Slogan or Tag line (60 characters maximum including spaces and numbers, black color).
- Up to 150 words in the description section.
- Listing in up to 4 descriptive categories (with same information as primary or affiliate membership), in addition to the alphabetical listing.
- Certain data fields can be included (ex., tag, description, address, phone, email, web address).
- Multiple phone numbers allowed (one each): office, fax, cell, plus 1 other.
- One Postal and one physical address allowed.
- Email links allowed: up to 2.
- Link to Business Web site allowed: up to 2.
CALENDAR EVENT LISTINGS:
- Members may submit event listings, but they must be suitable for the Johnson City area to be considered further. The Chamber will select, edit, and re-format event listings to fit the purpose of the Chamber web site and the Chamber.
- Event listings must be oriented primarily to tourism, shopping, commerce, economic development, and entertainment.
- Event listings for local government/civic/social meetings will be considered if they contribute to the goals of the Chamber.
- There is no charge for event listings submitted by members.
- *** If you would like to place an ad on the homepage of the website contact Chamber Office for pricing. Pricing will be determined based on size and length of time. We love to promote events for our chamber members!
PAID ADVERTISEMENTS ON CHAMBER WEB SITE:
Advertising is allowed on both the home page and other pages of website. Pricing is noted on website - go to "about the chamber" then to "website advertising". The information will also be included in the New Member Welcome Packets.
- Advertising is flexible-you can purchase one square button ad, or as many as 7 to have a full banner ad. You provide your website link and when visitors click on your ad it takes them directly to your website. We have over 300,000 website visitors per year. Our advertisers renew yearly.
- Advertising rates are set up on a quarterly basis. If you have interest in advertising a shorter period of time, contact our office and they will work with you to customize an advertising program that will work for you. We can build in house ads, or provide you specs and you can provide. Ads should be provided in JPEG format.
Johnson City Chamber Web Site Advertisement Policies (& Rates) (PDF rates revised: 4-12-12)
Johnson City Chamber Web Site Advertising Contract (PDF revised: 4-12-12)
TOP SPOT ADVERTISING:
Top Spot ads are ads that are placed on the top of the weekly newsletter-so that your ad is the first thing recipients see when they open the letter! The cost is minimal-only $10 per week, due in advance. Spots are by reservation and are first come first serve.
- Please let us know if you want us to promote you or a special event-it is our goal to help you be successful! Submissions for newsletter should be provided by noon on Tuesdays.
- We invite you to attend the monthly Chamber Board of Director Meetings which are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Johnson City Visitor Center. If you have a subject you'd like to discuss with the board, please contact Chamber Office no later than one week prior to the meeting and we will add you to the agenda.
- Have any ideas or feedback in regards to how we may better serve you? Please share them. Our goal is to provide you a strong return on investment for your membership and we want you to be a happy, satisfied member of our chamber family.